On New Year's Eve, you're probably going to be rushing home from the office to slap some glitter on yourself and chug a Red Bull before heading out to party down. You're not going to have time to make something to bring to a party, but you still want to have something to bring, right? The good news is, you can make these truffles tonight and they'll be ready to go.
Chocolatey, Peanut Buttery, Sweet & Salty Truffles(Makes 30)
- 1 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped salted pretzels
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips (I only needed about 2/3 of the bag, but it's always better to err on the side of having too much chocolate available!)
- 2 tsp honey (optional)
- Salt and chopped nuts for garnish (optional)
- Mix peanut butter, honey, and pretzels. Cover and chill in the freezer 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and roll into teaspoon-sized balls. Place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment, and return to freezer to for 1 hour, until firm.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Remove balls from freezer and dip in chocolate. After you dip each truffle, while the chocolate is still melty, sprinkle a little salt and chopped nuts on top.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.